Our sweet baby boy turned 1 year old yesterday. I really can't believe how fast the time has gone. It seems impossible that last year at this time I was in the hospital with our newborn. Now, he is napping peacefully in his crib. Will has been such a wonderful blessing to us and I thank God every day that we were blessed to become his parents.
We had a very fun day with Will yesterday. His party is tomorrow, so we kept things pretty low-key, but still wanted to do some special things to celebrate. Yesterday morning Will and I took a little walk around the neighborhood. He loves to sit in his stroller and look at cats, dogs, birds and squirrels. After our walk, we came back home and played and Will took a nap. Once his nap was over, we headed to campus to meet up with Burt and went to McDonald's for lunch. Will got his first happy meal (with chicken nuggets). He seemed to enjoy it. After lunch, we dropped Burt back off at work and Will and I headed to the Dollar Tree. Will was very excited to get two birthday balloons! Every time we go into a store with mylar balloons Will gets excited and starts trying to say balloon. He looked a little confused that I actually got them for him! He had great fun playing with them after we got home.
After more play time and another nap, Will and I played outside for a little while. After Burt got home from work, we headed to Walmart. We had been planning for a couple of months to get him one of those turtle sandboxes for his birthday. Unfortunately, when we got there, they were sold out. So, we headed to Lowe's to see if they had them, but they didn't have any. Since we live in Searcy, that is about the extent of our shopping options. Burt dropped Will and me off at the house and headed out in search of a turtle sandbox! I made Will some dinner (grilled chicken, baked potato and carrots) and we played some more. Soon, Burt returned victorious, with not one, but two turtle sandboxes! He had gone to Cabot, a town about 30 minutes away to see if their Walmart had the sandbox. They, too, were sold out, but there is a Kmart in that town and they had them. YAY! After Burt got home, we let Will have a birthday cupcake. He loved it (as you can see from the pictures)! Once he was finished with his cupcake, it was bath time, then I rocked him to sleep. I couldn't help but reminisce about the wonderful year as I was rocking Will. We are so blessed!
Here are some pictures from Will's special day. Stay tuned for pictures from his party. The first picture is Will with his Happy Meal at lunch.
Will and his birthday balloons.
Will playing outside.
Daddy and the birthday boy.
Mommy and her sweet 1 year old boy!
Will with his new ball that he got for his birthday.
Will with his turtle sandbox.
Will enjoying his birthday cupcake!

4 comments:
cake!!
Cake, balloons, a Happy Meal, and presents! Sounds like an AWESOME birthday.
He is just so darn cute--I can't help but smile as I look at all those pictures!
And yay to Daddy, the sand-box finding hero of the day!
2 turtle sandboxes!! now that is just crazy!!
How fun!! I can't wait to see pics of the party and his birthday shirt.
Post a Comment