We celebrated Will's first birthday with a party on Saturday evening. It was so much fun! Will's Gammy and Papa, Uncle Joe, Aunt Debbie, Cousins Mario, David, Marissa and Marianna came all the way from Ohio to celebrate with us. We also had a few friends from church at the party. The party was a farm theme and we were able to have it outside. The weather was perfect.
For dinner, we had some of Will's favorite foods to eat. We had chicken tenders, potato wedges, goldfish crackers and string cheese. We also had some other cheese and crackers, cantaloupe and watermelon. Will had watermelon for the first time and loved it! Of course, we also had cake and mints. Will enjoyed the icing on the cake more than the actual cake. His big cake was half white and half chocolate. He had his own little cake which was white. We have decided that he likes chocolate better. After he had fun with his little cake, we gave him a few bites of the chocolate cake to enjoy.
Will really seemed to have a great time at his party. It was like he actually knew what was going on! He ate so well at dinner and was very happy to have a special balloon on his high chair. After some play time, Will opened his gifts. He would look at every gift and would help open them. After playing a little while longer, we had cake, which was lots of fun. Of course, the cake was a little messy, so Will went straight to the tub after that. He was able to play a little while longer until bed time.
Will had lots of fun with all of the family from Ohio. When he woke up from his nap on Saturday, all of the family was here and the house was decorated for the party. He got up like there was nothing different and went straight to Papa. He really seemed to enjoy playing with the cousins. Debbie and Joe and the kids had to head back to Ohio on Monday morning, but my parents were able to stay until Tuesday. We had so much fun with all of them!
Here are some pictures from Will's party. The first are of the decorations and cakes.
Mommy and Daddy with the birthday boy!
Will and his friend Ethan watching the big kids playing outside.
Will eating his birthday dinner.
Will and Ethan playing with the sandboxes.
Opening gifts...
Cake time!
Feeding Daddy...
Mommy and Daddy with a messy boy!

4 comments:
The farm decorations are so cute! And I love that he has a little friend about his own age.
Finally--seriously--he could win a messiest eater award, if they gave out those kind of awards. Too funny.
I've always been envious of people who can make ordinary events extraordinary, and extraordinary events AMAZING! Heather, you are one of those people! The last time one of my kids had a birthday party as tricked out as Will's was almost twelve years ago!
Your baby's special day certainly looks like it was an extra-special occasion and I know you'll never forget it. By the way, the cake was ADORABLE!
Much love,
Andrea
It looks like it was a lot of fun! I love how it looks like he is reaching for the flame on the candle. Babies have a lot to learn...Oh, and I think his shirt was just perfect!
Heidi, if you ever hear of a messy eater photo contest, let me know! I think we could win that one. He is a very messy eater. Oh well, at least he enjoys his meals! It is very cute to watch him play with his friends. He and Ethan actually play really well together.
Andrea, thanks for making me feel good about myself! Just remember, though, that this was my first child's first birthday party. I am sure that Tyler had something just as special for his first birthday. Check back in with me in 12 years and see if the parties are still like this. I did really enjoy planning for the special day and had so much fun at his party. I still just can't believe my baby is a year old (sniff, sniff!). Oh, the cake came from Walmart. I think they did a great job.
Amber, glad that you like the shirt. I was so excited when I picked it up. I think they did a great job. Will wanted to touch the candle so badly. I think my mom just about had a heart attack watching him try to grab it! :)
Post a Comment