
Eight years ago today Burt and I got married! In honor of our special day, I thought I would do a post to compare our lives then and now.
*Then, we lived in Grove City, Ohio. Now, we live in Searcy, Arkansas.
*Then, I taught chemistry and physics at Southeastern High School and Burt was a grad student at OSU. Now, I am teaching chemistry labs and Burt is an assistant professor of chemistry at Harding University.
*Then, I drove a Ford Mustang. Now, I drive a Dodge Grand Caravan. (For the record, Burt still drives a Mazda 626, just a newer model and a different color from what he had in 2000.)
*Then, we had 6 nieces and nephews (all on my side of the family). Now, we have a total of 8 (7 from my side and 1 from Burt's family).
*Then, we picked Stanley (the cat) up from Burt's aunt and uncle on the way home from our honeymoon. Now, we still have Stanley, but also have Becky and a variety of other cats that live in our backyard.
*Then, it was just the two of us. Now, we have been blessed by becoming the parents of William.

5 comments:
Then, we were ridiculously good looking. Now, the same! Things don't change too much.
The Mustang to mini-van thing is hilarious.
awe... burt! such pride!
Congratulations you two... well, your three!
yeah...a mustang to a mini-van is a pretty big change!
heidi... do you remember what I said/asked at their wedding??? some of the girls didn't think it was appropriate?? just a little trivia for you!
Shan, I want to know what you said/asked at the wedding, but I have a feeling it isn't appropriate for a blog comment! You will have to email it to me.
Glad that you all enjoyed the Mustang to van transition. Remember, though, I had an Elantra in between. If I had gone straight from the Mustang to the van, that would have been very weird.
Shan--I don't remember your comment...I wish I did. You'll have to fill me in, keeping in mind that this is a family friendly blog. Maybe email is safer! :)
Post a Comment