Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tooth #7




We found Will's 7th tooth on Tuesday (June 3). Will and I went to Walmart and I was getting ready to get him out of the van. He looked up at me and smiled and I could see the tooth. It is on the bottom left beside his middle teeth. It was already through enough that I could see it, so it must have been coming in for a couple of days. That explains why he didn't eat well on Monday evening and why he was awake for a little while on Monday night. Anyway, it doesn't seem to be bothering him any now.
Tuesday was also the day that Will turned 50 weeks old. We are getting closer and closer to his first birthday. I can't believe it! On Tuesday evening Will went to his first softball game. Burt is playing with our church in a church league. Will and I went to watch him play. Will liked to watch the guys playing ball and would get excited every time he saw Burt. When Burt would walk near us to get ready to bat Will would start saying "Da-da-da."
We had another fun week. As I wrote in the previous post, we had a lot of fun playing outside with Will. He really likes walking around the yard and checking things out. We have to watch him very carefully because he loves to put everything in his mouth.
We took Will to the park for the first time last Saturday (May 31). We went to a little park that is only a couple miles away. Will got to swing for a few minutes and I also took him down the slide two times. He also just walked around and played for a little while. He seemed to like the park and really liked watching all of the other kids.
We are getting ready to have company this weekend. Burt's sister, brother-in-law and nephew (Beth, Barry and Joey) are coming to visit us. They will get here later this afternoon and are staying until Monday. We are excited to see them. I think that Will will really like to play with Joey.
Here are a few pictures from the week. Most of them are from the park. The first is Will swinging.

Will playing with the big tic-tac-toe board.

Checking out the grass...

Will and Daddy.

Going down the slide with mommy.

The world's messiest eater...

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow.....I always thought he was a messy eater (based on your pictures!) but I do have to agree with his new title of world's messiest eater!! wow! He must have a ball while eating!!!

Heidi said...

I want to see a shot of what Mommy looks like at the end of a feeding session. Are you also covered in goo?

Heather said...

Thankfully, I don't get too messy when Will is eating. The floor, however, is a mess! Will has stopped eating babyfood so he doesn't get as messy now. He does really seem to have fun at mealtimes!