Will turned 20 months old on the 19th. It seems like he is learning new things every day. He is doing so well sleeping in his toddler bed. He has slept in it all night, without getting out, for five nights in a row now! I am actually surprised by how easy the transition was from the crib to the bed.
Will loves to play outside. He likes to play ball and draw with the sidewalk chalk. Actually, he likes for us to draw with the chalk. His current favorite thing for us to draw is a heart. Sometimes he will draw a couple of lines and say "heart." He is also starting to enjoy playing with his blocks. When he builds something he will hold it up and say "Yay!"
He is doing well with learning his colors. His favorite answer when you ask him the color of something is "blue." Most of the time if the item isn't blue and you ask him again, he will get it right. He can identify blue, green, red, yellow, purple and pink.
If Will wants us to go somewhere with him he will come and grab us by the hand and say "walk." Then, he will lead us to wherever he wants to go. He also likes to spin around in circles and say "Whee!"
I know I have talked before about Will's love for playing ball. I don't think I can accurately describe how much he loves to play ball. He will walk around and just carry a ball with him. One night he fell asleep holding two balls and that night, on the monitor, we heard him say "ball" in his sleep. He has now taken the obsession to a new level. A couple of weeks ago I was in the kitchen and he walked in with his little hands clasped and said "pray." I asked him "pray?" and he said "Yeah." I asked him what he wanted to pray for and he said "balls." So, there in our kitchen, we said a prayer thanking God for all of our toys, especially balls. Now, he will occasionally walk up to one of us and ask us to pray for balls, sometimes specifically basketballs. Today, he asked me in Walmart. The other shoppers probably thought I was crazy, but we said our prayer in the store. I am not going to say no when my child asks to pray!
Since Will learned to escape the Pack-and-Play, I have had to be more creative to be able to take a shower when Burt isn't home. Will loves to watch "The Imagination Movers" on tv, so most days I shower at 8:30 because there are two episodes on back to back. That way, I have time to completely get ready and he is happy. On Wednesday, I got ready as usual and walked into the kitchen. There, I found quite a scene. It seems that while I was in the shower, Will had climbed up on a kitchen chair and gotten into the cookie tin that was on the table. He had opened the tin, taken out the bag of cookies and closed the tin back up. The cookie bag was crumpled off to one side and cookies were spread out all over the table. The roll of paper towels was wrapped all around the base of the table. Maybe he was trying to clean up! I just stood there in shock for a minute before I took some pictures and cleaned it up.
I love watching his little personality develop and to see all the new things he is learning. It is so much fun to play with him and to be able to communicate with him.
Here are some pictures from the past few weeks. Also, you can click on the links on the left to see more January and February pictures.
Will asleep with his basketballs.
Notice that not only is he holding two balls, there is a football and soccer ball on the chair beside me!
Building with the blocks.
Playing on the treehouse steps.
Will and me with my Valentine's Day roses.
20 months old--playing with the soccer ball
Napping in the big chair.
Playing with his baseball cards.
The scene I found after my shower...

2 comments:
The one of him napping in the big chair is classic. Was this him napping before small group last week?
Yes, that is when he wouldn't sleep in his bed, but the chair seemed to work just fine! I still can't believe he slept through the first fifteen minutes of small group.
Post a Comment