
That's right, I found Will STANDING in his crib today (Wednesday). I couldn't believe it. I had laid him down for his nap, he woke up crying so I rocked him back to sleep. Tried to lay him down again and the same thing happened. The third time I tried to lay him down, he woke up, but didn't cry. He was just laying in his crib, playing with his binky (pacifier) and looking around the room. So, I decided to see what would happen if I left the room. I did a few odds and ends and kept listening to him. He wasn't crying, just "talking" so I let him stay in his crib. After a few minutes, he started whining, so I went to check on him. I looked in his room and there he was, standing in the corner of the crib. I couldn't believe my eyes. He just looked at me with a very proud look and grinned at me! I think I said something like "What are you doing?" He was so excited to see me that he toppled over in the crib, which didn't make him too happy. I guess it is time to lower that crib mattress!
Update: This picture was taken today (Thursday) while I was at work. Burt put him in the crib and watched to see what happened. Up he went! Don't worry, we have lowered the crib mattress so he can't stand up and be taller than the railing anymore.

4 comments:
I still remember each time I found one of my kids standing in his/her crib for the very first time--it sounds so silly, but it's such a thrill! You are so obviously enjoying every moment with your little man and there is so much more to come! Keep having fun!
Yay for Will! I love that he had a big old smile on when you found him standing.
You know what we need? More videos of the little guy!
I second heidi! so action shots of him crawling/scooting across the floor would be great!!
Shannon and Heidi, I posted on the wrong page, so I will repeat post. I am working on getting a video on the page, but I am having trouble getting them to upload. I will keep trying, though.
Post a Comment