Wednesday, March 26, 2008

40 Weeks Old


Will turned 40 weeks old on Tuesday. He has had another fun week. He took his first bath in the "real" tub on Thursday. We didn't switch him to the big tub because we really wanted to, but more out of necessity. You see, Ducky tub has a hole in it! So, we tried bathing him in the real tub and it worked! He really seems to like the freedom to move around and plays with his toys more now. He doesn't really try to stand up any more than he did in the little tub. So far, it has worked out well.
Will has also learned to look for Stan. If you ask him where Stan is he will look around, but he looks at the ground. So, it seems that he knows that Stan will be down low, not walking around like Burt or I. Also, when he is in his highchair, he will watch Stan walking from one direction and then turn around to look the other way if Stan walks behind him. It is cute to watch him sitting there waiting for Stan to come out on the other side.
We had to take the glass out of our end table this week. Will was playing under it and started to stand up and the glass started to move. So, needless to say, we quickly removed it. We left the table in the living room since you can still put little things on it and Will likes to pull up on it. He also likes to stand up inside it as you can see from the picture at the top.
Will has started to suck on his toes. He only does it when he is laying on his changing table. He is also starting to play with his toys more now. He will sit for several minutes and play with one toy. It seems so weird to watch him just sit and play. I can't believe how big he is getting!
Here are a couple of pictures of Will's first bath in the big tub.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

A moment of silence for Ducky Tub. He died a hero, I'm sure.

Does your little man need his first (?) haircut? It looks like it's getting pretty long.

Heather said...

I thought you might be upset about Ducky tub. We have a patch kit and if we can locate the hole, we might be able to save him. I can't stand the thought of throwing it out!
Yes, he does need a haircut and he hasn't had one yet. I promised my mom that I wouldn't cut it until they come to visit next month so that she can see him once more as a "baby." From what I hear, after the first haircut he will look even more like a little boy and less like a baby.

Andrea said...

If YOU don't cry when Will gets his hair cut for the first time, I'll buy you dinner (when you come visit us, that is)! I can verify--after that first cut your baby is GONE! Okay, I have to go sob now!