Monday, July 30, 2012

Memorical Day Celebration

On Saturday, May 26th we went to a Memorial Day celebration. It was in a town about an hour from Burt's parents' house. Burt's dad is a member of the Sons of the American Revolution. He goes to local events dressed in period clothes and participates in different celebrations. He was going to carry a flag and be a part of this celebration, so we all went along. There were people dressed up from all different periods in history. It was really neat to see and the boys enjoyed it. I think that Heidi, Jane and I enjoyed it the most!


 Burt and the boys

I forgot Charlie's hat. Using a blanket to keep the sun off his head!


Shielding ears during the "shooting" of the guns

Burt's dad.

Papa Gary and the boys

Burt and his dad

Jane and some random soldiers

The boys with the soldiers

Burt trying to look scary!

Burt's dad and me


Heidi and me with a soldier

My little soldier, Will!

No comments: