Tuesday, March 24, 2009

38 weeks pregnant


I am 38 weeks pregnant as of today. I had my last doctor's appointment this afternoon. Everything with John and me still looks good. It still feels weird to have my delivery date and time marked on the calendar! I found out that we need to be at the hospital by 6:15 on Monday morning. My C-section is scheduled for 8:00. If all goes well, Burt should have John in the nursery by 8:15 or a little after and I should be out of recovery around 9:30! I am so excited to meet this little guy.
John is still quite active. Sometimes I can just sit and watch my stomach move! I am not able to identify body parts, but the doctor thinks a lot of what I am feeling is his arms and legs. I asked the doctor today what his weight prediction for J.J. was and he said 7 lbs, 6 oz. Any guesses from my faithful readers?
My parents are coming in from Ohio on Saturday afternoon. They will be here to take care of Will while I am in the hospital and to help with him while I am recovering. It will be so nice to have them here and I know that Will is going to love it.
We will update the blog as soon as possible after John's arrival. For those of you on Facebook, I am sure we will also be posting pictures there.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

How much did Will weigh when he was born? I know the two don't really correlate, but given the amount of weight you've gained yourself, 7 lbs. 6 oz. sounds pretty reasonable to me! Looking forward to seeing pics of J.J., and I pray that all goes well with the delivery and recovery. The countdown is on!

Heather said...

Andrea
Will weighed 8lbs, 2oz, but he was 5 days overdue and J.J. will be born 8 days early. I am expecting J.J. to be a little smaller, but maybe a little longer. It feels like he has long legs and arms! Thanks for the prayers.