Friday, March 20, 2009

37 Weeks, 1 Day Pregnant with John



I had my check-up on Wednesday. All looks good. My blood pressure was fine and John's heartbeat sounded great. I was very excited to find out that I have only gained 27 pounds so far. I will go back next Tuesday for my last appointment before John is born! I can't believe the time is almost here.
We are still busy preparing for John's arrival. We got a lot of odds and ends taken care of during Spring Break. Burt put the double stroller together and we had the car seat installed in the van. It seems so funny to look in the backseat and see two carseats back there!
We moved the pack-and-play and swing into the living room and the bassinet into our bedroom. We wanted to give Will a chance to get used to having the new items around before John was in them! He doesn't pay much attention to them, but he has tried to throw a ball into the pack-and-play a couple of times. We are trying to teach him that the pack-and-play is for John, not for balls!
We have also rearranged the boys' room and I have most of the baby clothes washed and put away. I have one more load to wash and I think I will be finished. My next projects are to wash and sterilize the bottles and make my packing list for the hospital.
Yesterday was my last day of work! I am taking next week off to relax and prepare to become a mom of two! I am excited that I will be able to stay home with the boys until mid-August.
Here is a belly shot from 37 weeks, 1 day and a couple of pictures from my church baby shower.

Me with the petit fours that were served.

Me with the shower hostesses.

Opening a present for J.J.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Can't wait for John to get here! It was so wonderful talking to you on the phone today. :)

Heather said...

Heidi
It was great to talk to you, too. Thanks for calling to check on me! We will call you on Monday after J.J. arrives so you can help spread the news.