Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Stories from Ohio...


I thought I would share some stories from our time in Ohio. As I said in the previous post, Will did great traveling. We split the traveling up over two days going and coming home. Will did so well in the van. He would play with his toys, take a nap and have a snack. We would stop so he could get out of his seat, we could change his diaper and he could eat his meals. It was so much easier traveling in the van instead of the car. I couldn't believe the difference!
Will very quickly warmed up to everyone. He didn't seem a bit afraid of anyone. He seemed to have fun playing at Gammy and Papa's house. He would walk all around and check everything out. He had fun playing with all of his cousins. Of course, he also enjoyed his time with Gammy and Papa and his aunts and uncles. We also got to see several of my aunts and uncles and even some of my cousins.
My dad was very excited to give Will a ride on the lawn mower. Will really liked it. He fell asleep the second time that Papa gave him a ride. Mom took Will to get on the mower and said that he pointed to it and said "Cool."
Will also loved to play with the cats. They would come up on my parents' deck and play with Will through the door. Will would get so excited when he saw them and say "kitty cat." My mom thinks that she heard Will tell one of the cats " I love you." I didn't think that was what he said, but she really thought she heard that. I also don't want to admit that the first time he said "I love you" was to a cat. So, the jury is still out on exactly what he said!
Will started to sign "finished" right before we left to go to Ohio. He started doing it more frequently while we were there. He doesn't do the sign for milk anymore, but he uses the sign for finished a lot. He only really does it when he is finished eating and is ready to get out of his highchair. It is really cute to watch him. He also started waving a lot while we were in Ohio. He doesn't really wave bye, but he waves hi to people. One afternoon while we were in Ohio, my mom had held him while he napped. When he woke up, he looked around and saw Burt and me. He started waving like crazy to us!
Will has learned to turn on the charm when necessary. He was in his highchair and had just finished eating lunch one day. I was bending down to pick something up off the floor and he grabbed onto a chunk of my hair and pulled it. I looked at him and told him that "Momma's hair is not for pulling, that hurts momma." Will's response was to look behind me at my mom, dad, Debbie and Marissa who were facing him and give them the biggest smile while scrunching up his nose! It was as if he was saying, how can she be upset with me, look how cute I am. Of course, they all just laughed and laughed.
Will also liked to play the piano at Gammy and Papa's house. The first time he touched it and it made a sound, I think he was a little confused. Then, he realized that it was fun.
We really had a great trip to visit the family. It was nice to get to see everyone and have a little vacation.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

"I also don't want to admit that the first time he said 'I love you' was to a cat."

So funny! :)