Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A busy couple of weeks....



It seems like the last couple of weeks have flown by. I can't believe that Will is already 46 weeks old! It seems like he has really started to pick up new skills and is changing so quickly. Here are some highlights from the past two weeks.
Last Wednesday (April 30th) Will finally said Momma! He was in his highchair and wanted me to get him out. I was a few feet away from him and he reached for me and said "momma." He has said it a few times since then, but his favorite word is still dada. He has also said some more new words recently. He has said hi, ow, cold, umm (for yum when eating) and kitty cat. He also has tried to say bird. It is so weird to hear all of these words coming from him!
Last Wednesday was a big day for Will. Not only did he say momma, but he also stood up on his own without pulling up or pushing on anything. He also started taking about 5 or 6 steps at a time on Wednesday. He can take about 7 or 8 steps now. He still doesn't really walk when we try to get him to, it is more by accident. He is learning to sit down sometimes when he is finished walking, instead of falling on his bottom, which is a good skill. He has really good balance and can stand for several minutes without holding on to anything.
Today we were playing and I asked Will where his binkie (pacifier) was. He crawled right over to it and got it. Then, I asked him to find Ducky. He crawled over to his toys, found Ducky and held it up to show me. He did the same thing with his shoe, a book and a ball. I didn't realize that he knew the names of everything and would follow directions to find them. I was so proud!
When my mom and dad were visiting, my mom would play pat-a-cake with Will. The past few days he has been clapping his hands a lot and will look at me. When I start saying "pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake..." he will just smile and laugh. He doesn't clap quite the normal way. It is sort of a mix between clapping and rolling his hands ( I guess for the roll it up part of the song). It is very cute to watch him.
We are still trying to find finger foods that Will likes. He loves his baby Goldfish, yum-yums, puffs and Cheerios. He also likes string cheese and shredded cheese. I have tried several other foods, but he doesn't seem to really like any of them. He is still eating the baby food really well, so I am not rushing him to eat "real" food. Today at lunch he would take a bite of food and say "ummm" for yum. He would say it after almost every bite!
For all of my faithful blog readers in Ohio (Aunt Betty, Aunt Sonnie and Theresa) we are heading your way next week! We are planning to leave here on Tuesday and should get to Ohio on Wednesday. We can't wait to see you!
Here are some new pictures. I have also posted April pictures. You can click on the link on the left to see them.
Here is Will "reading" a book.

Will loves to play with this shoe. He has outgrown them, but he loves to carry them around and play with them.

Will still loves his bath. He now likes to stand and feel the water as the tub is filling up.

Bath time!

Here is a short video of Will walking. He is only taking a couple of steps, but at least you can see him walk. I am trying hard to get a video of him taking several steps, but it never seems to happen when I have the camera ready!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

He looks so happy with that shoe--and in the tub. In fact, I bet if he could take that shoe in the tub, he would be overjoyed.

Heather said...

You are right, Heidi. Having the shoe in the tub would be a dream come true for Will! It makes me laugh to see all of the toys that we have for him and he wants to play with a shoe! One of his other favorite toys is an empty tissue box or an empty diaper wipes container.

AMT said...

Okay, Heather, now you have to let him have the shoe in the tub and take a picture! Kids are always funny with what they choose to make their toys.