I took a pregnancy test after work today (ok, I took three!) and it was positive! I can’t believe it. I am so excited and a little shocked.
I had planned to wait in the living room for test to turn, but before I could leave the bathroom, it turned positive. I think I started shaking, crying and thanking God all at the same time! After taking the first test, I went to USA Drug to buy another brand, just to confirm. I also called Burt to see what his plans for the evening were. He was planning to play tennis, so I thought I had some time to run my errands, take the second test and be prepared to tell him. When I was buying the test at USA Drug, the check-out woman told me “Good luck with the test.” I was so excited to tell someone that I blurted out that I thought I was pregnant and I needed to confirm it. She said she did the same thing and if the second one was positive, then I could be sure I was pregnant. After a stop at Hallmark for a card for Burt, I got back home and found him here. His tennis game got cancelled. So, I tried to act calm, went to the bathroom and took a second EPT test and a digital test. They both turned positive immediately. I signed Burt’s card and got his gift ready. I had a little pair of Brutus Buckeye slippers that I have had for years, just waiting for this occasion. I put them and two of the tests in a box for Burt and signed his card. He was sitting in the living room, watching tv. I told him that I had a gift for him and needed him to come to the dining room. He sat down and I told him to open the box before the card. He looked at the tests and picked up the digital test that said “pregnant.” He looked at me with a shocked look and said, “Whose is this?” After I explained that it was mine he asked “Why didn’t you tell me.” I told him that was what I was doing! We hugged and started talking about the details such as how far along I am. According to a due date calculator I am due June 14th, so I am 5 weeks pregnant!

No comments:
Post a Comment