Deb flew in today to visit for the weekend. Joe wanted her to come as her birthday present. It was so nice to see her.
Unfortunately, we also had a little scare today. My side started hurting last night and kept hurting this morning. The pain wasn’t moving around, so I decided to call the doctor. I was hoping that they would tell me it was normal and not to worry. Instead, they said that I had to come in this afternoon for an ultrasound to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. So, I went in and saw Dr. Williams. Dr. Thompson (my doctor) wasn’t in today. He did an ultrasound. The good news…it is not an ectopic pregnancy. The pain is being caused by a small cyst on my ovary. The slightly scary news…the ultrasounds showed a sac and a yoke, but not baby yet. It also had me measuring at 5 weeks, 1 day instead of 6 weeks, 1 day. So, they did a blood test to see what my HCG levels are. I will go back on Monday to see if my levels are increasing which would mean that all is ok or if they are staying the same or going down which would indicate a problem.

No comments:
Post a Comment