We celebrated our anniversary by taking a weekend trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas. We went the weekend before our anniversary (the 4th through the 6th). Miss Anna, Will's former babysitter came to stay with the boys. She brought her cousin with her and they did a great job with the boys. The boys had so much fun with them and Will kept talking about "his friends" after they left.
Hot Springs is known for its natural hot springs mineral water. We stayed at the Arlington Hotel. It was built in the 1800's and is beautiful. The room had really high ceilings and glass doorknobs. We even had a real key to the room--not a key card! The hotel has a spa in it so on Saturday, I went and had a hot springs bath and massage. At the same time, Burt went golfing. We met back up for lunch and some shopping. We also took a "duck" tour of Hot Springs. It was fun to see more of the town and we loved going out on the lake. Then, we had a great dinner at the restaurant in our hotel. Sunday we did some more shopping then headed home.
We could not have asked for a better weekend away for our anniversary. We knew that the boys were being well taken care of and were having fun and we had a relaxing, wonderful trip. On our actual anniversary, we went out to lunch before I went to class and Burt taught lab. After the boys went to bed that evening, we celebrated with chocolate cake and watched our wedding video. It was lots of fun to watch the video and to remember our special day.
In honor of our ten year anniversary, I wanted to post some pictures of us over the past ten years (some years have more pictures than others). Enjoy watching us grow older!
Our wedding day--June 10, 2000

Our 1st Anniversary--
In our apartment in Grove City enjoying the top layer of our wedding cake.


Our 2nd Anniversary--
In our house in Grove City

Our 3rd Anniversary--
At our house

Our 4th Anniversary--
At our house. I am not sure why we both look so tired in these pictures. Burt was writing his dissertation this summer, but I don't know why I look exhausted!

A couple of days later at Build a Bear in Columbus (6/12/04)

Our 5th Anniversary--
In our apartment in Columbia, SC on our anniversary

Celebrating in Charleston, SC (6/11/05)

Our 6th Anniversary--
Build a Bear in Myrtle Beach, SC

At the beach house my family rented at Sunset Beach, NC

Our 7th Anniversary--
Getting ready to go out to dinner the night before our anniversary...in the living room of our current house (yes, I was hugely pregnant with Will!) (6/9/07)

Celebrating with cake on our anniversary

Our 8th Anniversary--
Apparently, we took no pictures on our actual anniversary this year. But, we have a family picture that was taken just a few days before.

Our 9th Anniversary--
Notice how tired we both look! 1 two year old boy + 1 three month old baby boy = 2 tired parents!
Burt with our new coffee pot

Me with the cake

Our 10th Anniversary--
On the lake during the duck tour (6/5/10)
Before dinner (6/5/10)
Our actual anniversary--celebrating with yummy chocolate cake

2 comments:
What a great trip down memory lane! It was fun to see your hair change. Mike and I celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary and our nine year dating anniversary this month. Crazy how fast it goes by!
What a fun trip down memory lane. I really enjoyed seeing the houses/apartments you were in and remembering what each of those places was like. Can I just say that marriage/parenthood agrees with you both......you look better each year. Can hardly wait to see next year's picture!
Post a Comment