We are having lots of fun enjoying the pretty fall weather. Will even got invited to his first Halloween party! Will loves wearing his Yoda costume and will wear it pretty much as long as we let him keep it on. He didn't really seem to notice the costumes on the other kids at the party. He did keep trying to throw his pumpkin (he thinks it is a ball) while we were trying to decorate it. His favorite part of the party was getting a balloon! We are getting ready for Trick-or-Treat on Friday and a Fall Festival on Saturday. I will be sure to take lots of pictures to share of both events.
Will is still trying to recover from his cold. I took him to the doctor yesterday morning because he had developed a cough. It is especially bad at night and in the mornings. I was afraid that he was getting bronchitis again. Thankfully, the doctor said that he just had congestion and drainage, causing the cough. He gave him a decongestant with some cough medicine in it. We gave it to him last night and he seemed to sleep better. Hopefully he will be fully recovered soon. He now weighs 27 pounds, 2 ounces. At his one year appointment, he weighed 25 pounds, so he seems to be doing well with table foods!
We are still trying to prepare him for the arrival of the baby in about five months. We decided to let him play with Burt's old Cabbage Patch doll. He loves to carry it around and hug it. He will also bring the doll to us to hold and hug. We are teaching him to pat (gently) the baby. Yesterday morning he was sitting on my lap and had the baby beside us. He took out his binkie and tried to put it in the doll's mouth.
Last Friday, Will and I went to a preschool playgroup with other families from our church. There was a small baby there (about a month old). The baby was in his carrier and started crying. Will walked over to the baby and gave him a very concerned look. Then, he leaned over and tried to hug him. It was so sweet! Later, I was holding another baby (about 6 months old). Will came over and patted her on the head and back. He didn't seem to mind that I was holding her, which was a relief. Of course, I know it will be different when the baby comes home with me from the hospital and doesn't leave!
We are still working on teaching Will the different sounds that animals make. He does really well with cat and dog. If you ask what a cow says, he will say "Ooh." He will also repeat a hissing sound for snake and "roar" for bear. I love to hear him make the roar sound. It is very cute.
All is still going well with the pregnancy. I am 17 weeks along today. I am really excited about my appointment and ultrasound in the morning. I will post an update as soon as possible. I am starting to feel little movements from the baby which is so much fun!
Here are a few pictures from the past week. The first is Will signing the Halloween cards that he sent to the family. He used a crayon this time. He was more interested in eating the crayon than drawing with it!
Will playing in the sandbox. He likes to scoop up the sand with a shell and dump it on himself.
Looking for a ball that had rolled under the bushes.
Yoda!
Looking at his reflection in the mirror. The first time he saw himself with the costume on he got a huge smile on his face!
Will at the Halloween party.
Getting ready to decorate his pumpkin.
Will and mommy.
Will looking at his decorated pumpkin. We had to give him a little help to get it decorated. :)
Will and Daddy.

2 comments:
I love that Yoda baby! Seriously--that first picture is the cutest thing ever.
And who knew Burt had a dolly?
I can't WAIT to hear the news from the doctor today!
Well, Burt already spread the good news on Facebook--man, the comments started racking up! Congratulations and I'm glad EVERYTHING is going so well for y'all. Love all the photos!
Post a Comment