Wednesday, April 23, 2008

10 Months Old



Will turned 10 months old on Saturday. I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would do one post for him turning 43 weeks old (on April 15), 44 weeks old (on April 22) and ten months old (April 19th). Wow, I am behind on blogging! All is going well, but we have had a busy few weeks. We are entering the end of the semester, so Burt and I are both pretty busy at work. The good side of that is that I only have one more week of lab left, then I will be on summer break! YAY!
Will is growing so fast. I feel like he is becoming more and more like a little boy and less like a baby. He is now taking a couple steps at a time, but it seems like it is always an accident. When he realizes what he is doing he sits down and will take off crawling. He is able to crawl very fast now. Poor Stan underestimates his speed sometimes and takes a little too long to move out of his way! I think that Stan is actually starting to like to play with Will. He will let him get pretty close before he takes off and sometimes will even move toward Will so Will can "pet" him. We are continuing to work on the concept of gentle.
We had to make two trips to the doctor last week. Will woke up from his nap last Wednesday with a fever and was very lethargic. I called the doctor and was able to take him right in. He had an ear infection, so the doctor put him on an antibiotic. His fever continued to go up all evening and he had no energy. In the middle of the night, his fever broke and he seemed to start feeling better. By Thursday, he was almost back to normal and didn't even have any symptoms of the ear infection. Friday morning I found a rash on his stomach and back. I called the doctor again and they said he needed to be seen to make sure that it wasn't a reaction to the antibiotic. So, back to the doctor we went. The doctor said that it was a viral rash. So, obviously, he had a virus in addition to the ear infection. The rash is gone now and he seems to be feeling better. He still is running a low grade fever at times, but is playing and eating great.
Will is still working on talking. He says "da-da" all the time. He also said "car" and "hi" on April 11. Still, no ma-ma! Sometimes when I am trying to get him to say mama, he likes to play a little game with me. I will say "Will, say Mama." He looks at me and in the sweetest little voice will say "Da-da." Oh, what a personality he already has! We have also been working with him on some sign language since the beginning of the year. We are just trying to teach him some basic signs--milk, more, finished, eat, bird and duck are the ones that we are working on. He has learned a modified sign for "milk." He only does it when he is sitting in his highchair and wants his bottle at breakfast. It is very cute to watch him. I am hoping that he will pick up the other signs soon.
We are looking forward to a big weekend. Gammy and Papa are coming to visit us! They are coming on Saturday and will be here until Tuesday. I know that William will enjoy playing with them. We can't wait to see them!
Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks.
Drinking milk from his sippy cup.

Playing in the entertainment center...he loves to sit in there.

We had an appreciation lunch on Saturday for some of our TA's. Here is a picture of the "kids" with Will and me.

Sharing a popsicle with mommy. He actually got a little bite of it and really seemed to like it.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I hope that you are planning a trip to the barber with your parents!! Little Will is starting to look like Shaggy from Scooby Doo!!!

Heidi said...

I'm not sure why, but that entertainment center shot just cracks me up. :)

AMT said...

Aw... I think his hair is cute! I don't think a baby would look right with a buzz cut.

And I have to say that I am glad that I am not the only one behind on my blogging! I have been having Internet problems. I tried to update my blog this morning, but my connection keeps cutting out. It's very frustrating! I can only get on for little bits at a time, but not long enough to upload pics. Argh!!!

Anonymous said...

Heather, Will is adorable and you and Burt are so blessed to have him! I know that you guys will shower him with love and bring him up in the Lord. I'm so proud of you guys and so happy for you too! Wanda