Our sweet John Jackson turned 2 on March 30th. Where has the time gone? I can't belive it has been two years since we became a family of 4. He is such a funny little boy and has a great personality. He smiles all the time and is just so happy. He runs, skips, hops and jumps and sometimes walks! He is a great sleeper...I think because he is so busy when he is awake. He gives lots of hugs and kisses and still is a huge fan of his big brother. We have been so blessed to be his parents.
John's birthday was on a Wednesday so we didn't do a big celebration. We had a party for family and friends a couple of weeks later (I will do a post on that later!). We tried to make the day as fun and special as possible. We spent most of the day playing. He got some gifts throughout the day which he (and Will) enjoyed playing with. For dinner, we got him our traditional Happy Meal from McDonald's. We got some Sesame Street cupcakes for dessert. He didn't eat as much of it as I thought he would, but he had fun playing with it and the ring that was on the top.
We went to church that evening to wrap up John's special day. That night, at bedtime, John asked to sleep in the toddler bed in his room. I put him in it, but he quickly decided he wanted his crib. It was so funny. It was like he understood that he was two now and ready to move into a big boy bed. For now, we will keep him in the crib!
Here are a few pictures from John's big day!
Opening his gift from Will.
Playing with his new blocks
Having a picnic for lunch
Happy Meal for dinner
Cupcake!
Bath time

No comments:
Post a Comment