Monday, August 11, 2008

Will's first trip to the beach



We are home safe and sound from out trip to the beach. We had a wonderful time! We spent a week at Sunset Beach with my parents, brother (Ivan), sister-in-law (Sandy) and niece (Kristin), sister (Debbie), brother-in-law (Joe) and nephews and nieces (Tony, Mario, David, Marissa and Mariana). We stayed in the same house that we all stayed in our first trip to Sunset--9 years ago! After our week at Sunset Beach, we headed to Myrtle Beach and spent three nights there with Debbie and her family. We drove home through Virginia and spent two nights with Burt's parents. Our last stop was a night in Nashville. We got to have dinner with our brother-in-law and nephew (Barry and Joey) but didn't get to see Burt's sister Beth since she had a virus.
Will did so well with all of the traveling. He slept a lot in the van and would play when he was awake. He loved to play in the sand and of course had to eat a little of it. He liked the ocean, but enjoyed playing in the pools at Myrtle more than the ocean water. The hotel that we stayed at had two kiddie pools. One had two inches of water on one end and the "deep end" had three inches of water. It also had these little water fountains that Will loved. He would try to drink the water! The other kiddie pool had a foot of water and water that would splash and pour down. He really liked playing in that area.
We took a ton of pictures so there is no way I can post all of them. I am going to post a few of my favorites here. You can click on the links on the left to see more of the pictures from our great trip.
Will with Daddy and Uncle Ivan

Walking in the water

Eating ice cream

Taking a walk with Papa to get a sucker at the store.

Family picture...yes, I know, I spent way too much time in the sun that day!

Will sharing my slushie after a walk around the island.

The whole family (minus Tony who had to fly home early for football camp)

Playing in the water.

Will and Burt in Build a Bear with the puppy that we made.

Will playing in the little pool at the hotel. He loved the little water fountains.

Playing in the big pool.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

So glad to see you back online! Sounds like you had a blast, and it looks like it too! We're in the middle of a two-week "staycation" and we're having a ball! It felt kind of weird waiting until the end of summer to take some time off, but now I'm glad of the timing! Oh, and because I just can't seem to help myself . . . yes, you DID stay out in the sun too much that day! :-)

Andrea said...

Okay, I just looked at ALL your beach pictures and they're great! Will is such a little man now! And is it my imagination, or did you get your hair cut recently? I like the new length!

Heather said...

You are so observant, Andrea! I got my hair cut the day before we left for the beach. It is much easier to take care of and dries so much faster. I am happy with it.
I have been reading your blog and it sounds like you are having a great summer. I enjoyed waiting until the end of the summer to take vacation, too. It gave me something to look forward to all summer long. We are heading to Philadelphia on Thursday and will be gone until the following Friday. By the time we get back, it will be time to start back to work. Where does the time go?

AMT said...

Heather Dwayne T. H. (read that as your whole name--I wasn't sure if you wanted your whole name posted on the Internet) I cannot believe that you got that burned!! I actually gasped when I saw that picture. Have you learned nothing from me? Sunscreen is a necessity!! At our 20 year reunion you're going to look 80!! You don't want to look bad for the alumni pictures, do you?

Now that that is out of my system, the pictures are great, and I am so glad that you all had such a nice time! I am looking forward to see some photos from Philadelphia. (But no more sunburns, okay?)