We had a great trip to Philadelphia. Will did so well with all of the traveling. He slept a lot in the van and enjoyed looking at the semi-trucks when he was awake. I would try to point them out to him (I sit in the back with him most of the time if he is awake on long trips). Occasionally, I would miss one and he would say "truck." He also enjoyed playing with his binkies (pacifiers). He likes to have one in his mouth and one in each hand.
Here are some of the highlights of the trip:
* Eating in China Town.
* Visiting the Reading Market Terminal.
* Taking lots of walks around town. Will loved looking at the pigeons!
* Celebrating Will turning 14 months old on the 19th.
* Stopping at Roanoke College on the way to and from Philadelphia. Walking around campus, visiting with the chemistry professors, going to the bookstore and eating at Macadoo's and Mac & Bob's.
* Spending the night with Heidi (a great friend from college) on the way home. We had a wonderful time catching up and introducing her to Will. We even got to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel before she went to work and we got back on the road.
Here are a few pictures from the trip.
Eating lunch at Macadoo's on the way to Philadelphia.
Will playing in the landscaping at Roanoke.
Will and me in the bell tower at Roanoke. For those of you who don't know, this is where Burt and I got engaged!
Burt and me with Dr. Huddle (one of our chemistry professors). Will is there, too, but the person who took the picture accidentally cut him out!
14 months old!
Hanging out with Heidi. Will really enjoyed playing with her.
Will playing with Heidi's cat, Wesley. He loved the cats!
Burt and Heidi at breakfast.
Heidi, Will and me at Cracker Barrel.
Burt, Will and Dr. Miller (one of our chemistry professors)
Will, Dr. Jack (another chemistry professor) and me.
Will, Burt and Dr. Gail (yet another chemistry professor!)

3 comments:
That "14 month old" picture is awesome--he looks so cute and handsome!
Love the ones of the three of us, too. :)
oh my goodness! I can't believe you got a picture with Vern! he still looks the same! Did I ever show you the "epic" I wrote in Dr. Turpin's class about super vern?
Great pictures! Glad you had such a fun trip to end the summer on! How was the first week back on campus?
Post a Comment