John turned one month old yesterday (Thursday, April 30). He is starting to look so much older. He is holding up his head really well and likes to grasp things. He likes to hold your finger in his hand or feel his hair. He also will try to hold onto his bottle when he is eating. He is getting more alert every day. He likes to look around and will watch us when we are talking to him.
Will is starting to get more interested in him every day. Yesterday he kept going up to him and saying "hi." I don't think he can figure out why John doesn't talk back to him. He is also trying to give him a ball to play with occasionally. Again, he seems confused as to why J.J. doesn't take the ball from him or want to play with him. I can already see that they are going to be great buddies some day!
John is doing well sleeping at night. Last night he stayed in the bassinet for three hours straight! After that, I ended up just holding him and sleeping in the recliner. He is so cuddly that it is hard to lay him down (plus I end up falling asleep before I can put him back in the bassinet!) The congestion is getting better. We still use the saline about once a day. It is amazing how much it helps to clear out his nose.
This morning I did have a moment when I realized that I am a little sleep deprived. I was dressing J.J. and pulled a diaper out of the diaper stacker. I put it on him and thought it looked a little big. For a few seconds I just stared at it and tried to figure out why it was all the way up to his chest. Then, I realized that it was one of Will's size five diapers, not one of John's size one diapers! I think I need to take a nap today.
Here are some pictures of John's one month "birthday." I am also putting a link to more pictures. Click on "John's one month pictures" on the left to view them.

No comments:
Post a Comment