Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun



We had a wonderful trip to Ohio and a great Thanksgiving. Will did really well with all of the traveling. He walked into my parents' house like he visited there all of the time and had a great time playing with everyone. We were able to visit with lots of friends and family while in Ohio. We are looking forward to traveling to Virginia and Ohio for Christmas.
All is going well since we returned home. Will is trying to talk so much more and is still doing well with his sign language. He loves to dance and make animal sounds. His current favorite sound is to cluck like a chicken. The sound is sometimes accompanied by him flapping his arms like wings. It is very funny to watch! He also still loves to play ball and has quite an arm. Burt is teaching him how to put out his hands and catch the ball when he throws it to him.
We are busy wrapping up our semester. This is the last week of work for me for the semester since we don't have labs during finals week. YAY! Burt will finish up next week. I can't believe that the semester is almost over.
I went for my check-up last Wednesday and all is still going well. The doctor found the heartbeat right away and said that it sounded good. I will go back in five weeks for my next check-up. I am 23 weeks pregnant today. Where has the time gone? John is starting to get much more active. I can feel him moving a lot more now and his kicks are getting stronger.
Here are a few recent pictures.
Will reading a book while on the changing table. What can I say? My boy loves to read!

Me with Brook. We got to have a nice long visit and catch up while we were in Ohio.

Will watching the parade on tv. He loved the singing and dancing.

Aunt Debbie reading to Will and Cousin Jami.

Will eating Thanksgiving lunch. Notice that he is eating chicken nuggets and fries. I realized that he really wouldn't eat any of the foods that we were having, so he got his own special lunch.

Cousin David reading to Will.

Will trying to hang an ornament on the tree.

Will playing in the leaves on Saturday while Burt was raking them.

Will and me hanging his ornament for this year on the tree.


Me hanging the ornament for baby John on the tree. (22 weeks, four days pregnant).

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Great pictures! You look great! and Will is getting so big!!

Mike and I are heading to OH next week... we will be there for the week before Christmas and then head back to VA for Christmas!

Heidi said...

Looks like Will might evolve into a potty reader. :)

Great pictures!

Heather said...

Hi girls! Thanks for the comments. Shan, we will almost meet each other on the road. We are going to be in Virginia through Christmas, then head to Ohio on the 26th. Hope you have a great time with your family.