Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!



My 34th birthday was last week. I had a wonderful day. That morning, Burt came home from work and watched the boys while I went to have my haircut. After I got home, I thought he went back to work. Instead, he surprised me by going to the Verizon store to get me an iPhone for my birthday! I love it! He brought it home to me and then had to go back to teach the rest of his class. He sent me a message later saying that he had arranged for one of our friends to watch the boys so we could go to dinner.
Burt took me to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in town. During dinner, we were talking about plans for later that evening. That is when Burt told me about the 2nd part of my gift. He had reserved a room at a local hotel for just me! We drove home and I quickly packed my bag. We drove separately to the hotel so he could get me checked in then he went to pick up the kids. I spent the rest of the evening and night at the hotel all by myself. It was so relaxing. The room even had a jacuzzi tub. I read, took a long bath and just enjoyed the quiet. It was the best birthday gift!

No comments: