Our sweet boy will turn 17 months old tomorrow. I can't believe it! It seems like he is getting so big. When we get ready to go somewhere now he will walk to the door that goes to the garage. When we open it, he walks down the steps and can even climb up in the van by himself! He even helped me put away laundry the other day. I stood in the closet and he brought me clean clothes from the bed so I could hang them up. It seems so weird when he does things like that.
I took Will to the doctor yesterday for his flu shot. He did really well with it. He seemed more upset by them having him lay down on the table than by the actual shot. He stopped crying as soon as I helped him stand up. Of course, he was excited to get a sucker when it was all over.
Will loves to give us kisses. He kisses my nose most of the time. He doesn't do that to many other people. The babysitter said that he did try to kiss the cat on the nose one time, though! I can't help but laugh when he kisses my nose. It is more of a lick/bite than a kiss, but it is still very sweet.
We decorated our house for Christmas on Friday. I know is is early, but we will be doing a lot of traveling for the holidays and we wanted to be able to enjoy the decorations. We had Will's babysitter and another girl come over to help decorate. It was a great evening. Will loves the trees. We put some ornaments down low that he can take off and play with. He thinks all of the ornaments are balls!
Will is really starting to talk a lot. It is very funny, though, because he has quite the southern accent with some of his words. His favorite word is "ball." He is also starting to do more sign language. We are working on "milk" and "more" and he is doing well with those. He does "please" a lot and is learning to use it when he wants something instead of pointing and whining!
Here are some recent pictures. We will be leaving at the end of the week to travel to Ohio for Thanksgiving, so I probably won't be able to update for a while. I will be sure to take lots of pictures of the turkey day fun!
Will watching the truck that comes by to suck up all of the leaves that Burt rakes onto the side of the road.
Playing outside
Playing with the sidewalk chalk. This is one of his favorite things to do outside.
Playing outside on a cold day. Of course, he has to have his binkies, even outside!
Will helping the girls decorate the tree for his room
Playing in the tree box
Trying very hard to reach an ornament on the tree in the kitchen
Checking out the tree in the living room
The last two pictures are from Sunday morning before church.

1 comment:
Love the one of Will in his jammies looking at the tree!
Post a Comment